Medical Waste Disposal Industries
MEDICAL WASTE DISPOSAL INDUSTRIES & BUSINESSES SERVED
Managing medical waste is a public health issue, which is why it is a highly-regulated industry. Businesses that deal with biowaste are required to adhere to strict federal and state regulations when it comes to packaging and disposing of medical waste.
UMI is one of the few medical waste disposal companies that actually take care of a client’s biowaste, from cradle to grave. Since we deal with so many different industries and businesses that generate biohazard waste, we always go the extra mile to understand your business and its needs first. We then create a custom solution to fit your medical waste disposal needs.
UMI is a Full Medical Waste Management Solution for You
Facilities we Serve:
- Hospitals – Every time a staff members visits a patient, there is a potential for medical waste creation, like contaminated bandages or gloves. This is why hospital biohazard waste disposal is a large part of UMI’s focus.
- ER Clinics – Walk-in urgent care clinics generate large amounts of medical waste, often contaminated with bodily fluids. Along with hospitals, ER clinics also generate sharps waste. This is waste generated from injections and other procedures involving sharp objects.
- Dental Offices – Dental offices have some of the most comprehensive waste disposal needs, as well as very special guidelines to follow. Dental offices can also generate pharmaceutical waste, which is a regulated waste and must be disposed of properly.
- Long-Term Care Facilities – As the staff treat the sick and elderly staying at long-term care facilities with illnesses like decubitus ulcers or diabetes, this creates daily medical waste.
- Physician Offices – Like in a hospital setting, a doctor’s office handles things from chronic diseases to medical emergencies. In the process, they generate much medical waste that needs to be properly disposed of.
- Funeral Homes – As part of their services, funeral homes generate a large amount of biowaste, including sharps, gauze, and materials used to prepare bodies. Funeral homes also generate other forms of regulated waste.
- Veterinary Clinics, Shelters, and Animal Hospitals – Though smaller than with hospitals, these facilities generate infectious materials, chemical waste, and sharps.
- Laboratories – Lab waste can include glass equipment, alcohol and mercury thermometers, and environmentally hazardous chemicals.
- Schools & Universities – Chemical solutions, organic tissues from labs, cultures, and infectious agents.
- Tattoo Shops – anything dealing with blood needs to be disposed of properly.
- Police stations & Fire Stations – First responders come in contact with biowaste often.
100% MONEY-BACK SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We have a 100% Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee with every service we provide! UMI is a licensed and insured Florida medical waste transporter & disposal company, operating in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. We offer same-day biohazardous materials removal or regularly-scheduled medical waste collections anywhere in the state of Florida - e.g. Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Hialeah, Tallahassee, Ft. Lauderdale, Port St. Lucie and Pembroke Pines.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT US